This year the Musicians’ workshop will be led by accordionist Ian Muir (Prestwick) and is open to players with a suggested minimum of Grade 5, is principally aimed at developing a secure style required for dance music playing and will cover:
- Repertoire – Picking appropriate follow-up tunes which complement the originals
- Style – How to create a solid playing style with rhythm and character.
- Listening – Understanding and applying listening skills when playing in a group
- Being creative – The art of arranging music so that it is interesting to both the player and the dancer
- Old v New – Mixing and matching traditional material with contemporary tunes
- Having Fun! – Playing with a smile on your face
See the Day School page for more details.