Our Day School on Saturday 20 October 2018 was a great success with about 115 dancers and 18 musicians in attendance. Hopefully those who missed it this year will be able to make it next year.
Thanks go to all those who helped on the day with a particularly big thank you to Margaret Shaw her daughter Sarah, sister Anne and Lena Robinson who provided us with excellent refreshments and who didn’t stop all day. Thank you also to our MC Simon Wales for the evening dance and to Ian Robertson and the Day School musicians whose music was superb to dance to.
Here are just a few of the comments we received:
– ‘Thanks for a most enjoyable Day School today’
– ‘Yet another, highly successful, day school. I liked the new venue, lunch and refreshments were delicious and the 2 teachers I had were excellent.’
– ‘I loved the venue and I enjoyed the whole day, dancing, food, teaching etc’
– ‘Just a quick email to say how much I enjoyed the Day School. I thought the new venue was excellent and hope that it becomes your new ‘home’.
– The floors and all the facilities were very good. I also thought the lunch was lovely.’
– ‘The whole event was very well organised, friendly & welcoming and the school had excellent facilities.’
– ‘I wanted to pass on my thanks to you and your amazing group of helpers, musicians and teachers for another great Day School and dance. I had a great time, learned some interesting and different dances and thoroughly enjoyed myself.’
Photos courtesy Margaret Catchick and Simon Wales.
The evening dance programme: The Wild Geese, The Music Makars, Jean Martin of Aberdeen, The Honey Moon (MMM), None So Pretty, The Birks of Invermay, Red House, The Saltire Society Reel, Miss Hadden’s Reel, The Silver Tassie, The College Hornpipe, The Duke of Atholl’s Reel, Culla Bay, The Reel of the 51st Division